My musical proclivities are schizophrenic. Mahler to Maxwell to Mos Deft to Judy Garland to Luke to Kirk Whalum to Mahaliah Jackson. While I was bred on R&B and hip-hop, I've been fed a steady diet of hard rock, techno, disco, easy listening, country and bluegrass.
A few days ago, a new Bjork song leaked all over the Internet...Earth Intruders. I'm proud that I introduced my baby sister to Lady B, because there are few people in my inner circle who share any of my tastes. Because I helped raise her and heavily influenced her music interests, I've introduced her to many an artist. She loves Bjork the most - I think it's the weird, nerdy Icelandic thing. I like her because she gravitates toward the theatrical and older sounds, but manages to create fresh, spooky, and out-of-the-ordinary music. My favorite Bjork track? "Where Is the Line" off the Medulla album. My favorite Bjork album? Homogenic. Anyway, look for the track out there on the MP3 blogs or on her Myspace page. It's dope, of course.
I'm nixing the idea of ever writing a formal introduction, because it's just more fodder for my procrastination habit. So you're spared from my self-importance.
Listening to What A Job, International Players Anthem, and Elevators. Andre 3000 is MY m.c. I've been down since Tri-Cities. He could get the draws...
No comments:
Post a Comment