So, the narcissism of social-networking and blogging is starting to bug me a bit. I'm considering cutting back on both MySpace and Facebook. I'm starting to feel rather lame being over twenty-five and playing in the same sandbox as fifth-graders, updating meaningless groups and continuously updating my status or mood as a way of claiming self-identity. I don't really need fifteen quizzes to tell me I'm educated, cultured, materialistic, and a huge Beyonce fan. Na'mean?
Maybe my life on the small screen should be moved to HDTv -Heavily Dating and Doing Things. You know, actually being social instead of retreating to my fuzzy socks and tea in front of the computer screen every night.
A caveat: I really do intend to journal more and renew my writing hobby. So, what's an addict to do?
How 'bout I consolidate all my old blogs over here to blogger and use it instead. You never know an editor at a major publishing house could be reading these ramblings. I'll miss the constant checking to see what my sisters and best friend are doing online, but it's about time I went back to living in the fresh air and stop telling my 500 best friends when I have headache or when I go see a new movie.
At any rate, over the next few days, expect to read blogs I wrote months ago. Sorry in advance, but humor me. I'm trying to get a life.
1 comment:
Hmmm I see we have a secret life online....im watching you girlie!
Post a Comment