Friday, November 28, 2008

Random Thoughts: THANKSGIVING EDITION

RT #2:Wait, why sell software for making screen-caps from movies, if it's this easy? But why am I so obsessive about finding these earrings, that I'm making screen-caps of the film I saw them in?

Everybody in my family except for me and my sister had to work on Thanksgiving, so we're having Thanksgiving Dinner today (Black Friday). I'm stoked. Yesterday, I hung out at home, took care of gran, relaxed really hard, and went with my movie buddy to see Quantum of Solace. For a Bond fan, I drug my feet on seeing the Daniel Craig films. After seeing Casino Royale and Quantum in one sitting, I feel like an ass. Blond Bond films weren't apocolyptic at all - Casino Royale was really refreshing.

In other news, I didn't go shopping today, so I didn't help "stimulate" the economy. Retailers don't care about me when the economy's good, so why rush out and try to help them out now? Plus, I don't do shopping in crowds and everything my people want for holiday gifts are things I don't need to find sales for. Maybe I just have sour grapes because I'm impoverished?

I'm thankful for:
  • hope, of all varieties (not solely Obama-style)
  • being in a completely different, better place than I was in this time last year
  • being so close to my family and best friend
  • being comfortable and privileged
  • history - the good and bad of it, what my parents and grans have seen, done, and taught me
  • movies and books
  • good food
  • Rose wine
Listening - Christmas music (too dang-on early!)

Be easy, breezies!

1 comment:

smith said...

The vast 카지노사이트 majority of those games belong to the class of slot machines, but you can even choose roulette, blackjack, baccarat and different less frequent types of games

Visits