In one of my "Word of the Day" emails, I was alerted to an event that will take place later this week, something that happens once and only once over the course of history. Shortly after noon on July 8, comes the moment that can be called 12:34:56 7/8/9.
It's not exactly true that this sequence of time/date happens only once. If you follow the day/month/year convention, you can observe the same sequence next month, on August 7. And even though it appears to be a rare occurrence, such interesting patterns aren't that unusual.
Consider these from the past:
- 01:23:45 6/7/89
- 12:34.56 7/8/90
- 01:02:03 04/05/06
=======================
There's a few topics I choose not to blog about - some because I don't feel educated enough to speak on, some because I subscribe to notions that you shouldn't talk them about in public. My feelings for two musicians fall into a "no-blog" category of their own. These two geniuses are simply too precious for me to speak on without my sounding like a fanatic. One of them died two days before my birthday. So I'm breaking my embargo in tribute.
I'm sure you're caught in the onslaught of media coverage. You may even be wary of it. All I can say, before I exit with other's people's words, is - HE DESERVES THE ATTENTION. If you're tired of it, crawl into the same hole people who hate the attention lavished on Elvis, Sinatra, James Dean, Marilyn Monroe, et. al. It's not going away. And it shouldn't.
From my lurkings on OkP:
"why didn't the world show him the love they should have? Mike was a beautiful soul...all he wanted was love. He didn't even feel loved at the end of his life. That kind of pain has to be unbearable. And you can tell he did everything he could.... damn... I have no words right now" - anonymous OkayPlayer post
From a Twitter friend:
"The yin and yang of it is simple: You don't get the insatiable hunger (or the Black acculturation) that made James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, and Michael Jackson run, not walk, out the 'hood without there being a 'hood—the Olympic obstacle-course incubator of much musical Black genius as we know it. As George Clinton likes to say, "Without the humps, there's no getting over."
From his own lips (To which I say, truth always wins, old friend. Thanks for everything.):
“'Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons. The truth will win this marathon...'”-Michael Jackson
"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work."-Michael Jackson
"If you enter this world knowing you're loved and leave this world knowing the same, then everything in-between can be dealt with."- Michael Jackson
Things I'm Feeling
Grief for MJ
Ice Water
Wearing lots of brown
Be easy, ya'll.

No comments:
Post a Comment