It's not school (I'm grateful and excited to be back in one)...
It's not a romantic relationship (I'm still only the lonely when it comes to men and getting used to it)...
It's not anything material (I'm an official pauper who has great luck, awesome family support and who lives within my means.)
What I have is too much to read - textbooks, pleasure reading, magazines, textbooks, articles, Google Reader, Twitter, etc. ad nausem. And I don't want it anymore. I've spent my life wishing for more cool reading-material and more time with which to do so. I scour literary reviews, bookstores, websites, and catalogs for things I'm interested in. I dream of the perfect book-nook, where there's:
- a huge to-be read pile
- my dog, curled up and sleeping
- piles of blankets and pillows,
- a mug of something hot with a dollop of whipped cream and bit-sized nibbles,
- a dozing man nudging me to scoot-over to make room for him,
- and hours and days to wile away on my pursuit of all things bibliophile.
See Marilyn Monroe sing Irving Berlin's apropos song here. (Thanks, Norma Jean. Smolder in peace, honey.)
Things I'm Feeling
- Diet Coke
- Ignoring the scale, but seeing that my clothes are fitting a little looser.
- Watching Alexander McQueen fashion shows online (My favorites are the "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" and Human Chesspieces themes)
- Olympic fever
- The phrase: "Keeping It Thorough." (which I've been striving to do daily)
- Being ahead of the learning-curve (I just realized how hipster-snobbish that sounds. Forgive me)

2 comments:
Glad ur blogging again!
Please blog again. Or like this over on Tumblr....
Post a Comment