Trudging along with this Throwback project. I have to keep remind myself why I've doing this (to record and consolidate old entries so I can finally delete the Myspace blog). Reading this entry made me miss the figures I was talking about even more now that a few years have passed. I hope the melancholy doesn't spread when you read it.
========================================
Originally posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 3:52PM
just reflecting, don't mind me....
Current mood: touched
Category: so many people are leaving us...they will be missed
Life
so yeah,
I'm good for keeping to myself and not socializing. Cancerians, shy people, and bookworms tend to do this. I happen to be all three. This is nothing new. Those who I'm close to are well-aware. I'm not an island, but I tend to keep a nice little insular bubble around myself.
I also don't do "drama" - when it gets too thick for me, I'm quick to walk away. I just don't like to be caught up in other people's issues or problems, if it can be avoided. I'm non-confrontational with things - peace-loving, at all that. I don't know too many people who aren't like this.
Needless to say, I've been walking away a lot lately, without apology. Sorry for the ambiguity, but I feel the need to just give a general disclaimer, because the holiday season tends to bring out drama in folks of all stripes: If you're embroiled in some mess, do what you can to fix the problem. If you can't affect change, try to get out quickly and with as little pain as possible. Life is too short, for real.
Speaking of short lives, a great author has passed away - Bebe Moore Campbell. Rest in peace, talented one. My soror and a strong Black woman, Campbell dealt with a lot in her personal life, but managed to turn her experiences into something positive, rewarding, and fulfilling. For a brief sketch of her life, visit her web-site, http://www.bebemoorecampbell.com/. She will be missed, but her works live on. My favorite BMC book: Brothers and Sisters. Put it on your book-list - you won't be disappointed!
R.I.P. to Gerald Levert and Ed Bradley, as well.
Finally, I would like to honor and say goodbye to my uncle, Ronald Weaver. We weren't close, but another piece of my family's history is gone. Sigh.....I pray strength for my mom. He was one of her five brothers, and the third to pass away. She's taking it hard, of course.
Dear Lord,
I wish strength to my mother and the rest of my family at this time. Please bless the souls of the departed and help all of us remaining to learn what we need to learn from thier lives. Help us to be happy in this holiday season. Amen.
===========================
Proust Questionnaire:
Q: In what country would you like to live?
A: It's a tie for the present: The United Kingdom or right here in this country (even with the jacked-up history and ridiculous politics, LOL)
From the past: Early 20th century France, Ancient Egypt (if I wasn't a slave)
Be easy, breezies...I guess I should quit tripping and finally try to go to sleep. Insomnia is a beast that needs to be tamed.
Currently listening : The Very Best of the Stylistics...and More! By The Stylistics Release date: 08 November, 2005
3:52 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos
No comments:
Post a Comment