Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Road-Tripping (School Back in Session)

Top Ten Fall Foliage Drives - Intelligent Travel Blog

Posted using ShareThis


In my wanderlust, I'm planning new trips to take. One of the latest on tap is a cross-country drive. So the link above gave me some insights on potential routes.

Segue to: the pattern on the right, which is my current desktop wallpaper. Swiped from ColourLovers, it's indicative of where my thoughts are these days. Go over there and find some patterns you like. I got an account solely for the privilege of downloading the patterns and color swatches. The colors and leaves in this one make me smile each time I log-on.

At the moment, the focus of my thoughts is graduate school - I've applied to, been accepted, enrolled, and now I'm enjoying the last two months of freedom before I begin winter semester classes toward my Master of Library Science at YXZ University. The reason I've made this move is a  long, sordid tale life circumstances, academic rebellion, depression, and paralysis. The short version is this - I'm back in grad school after a hiatus, intent on finishing what I started and finally getting-in-where-I fit-in. I'm excited,but anxious to get this over with and move on, primarily because I view this particular degree as a formality. I know that sounds callous, but after my last grad school experience, that's where I am.

Since this blog is pseudo-personal, I won't be doing much posting about my school or the graduate experience. However, since the vogue in my profession is to have a blog as a means of marketing oneself as a Web 2.0 maven, I may wind-up starting a library blog. Librarians spend a lot of time worrying about validation and job security, because the world's gone digital. So, if I do it, I'll fit in nicely with my colleagues.

In the next few weeks, expect more entries and invitations to view my best friend's blog, where I'll finally be  putting up entries about our summer trip to New York City. Also, since I spend much of my life online, thinking about how I want to more smoothly integrate blogs, microblogs (I'm looking at you, Twitter), and the entire suite of Google services into it. All this high-minded debate serves as notice that the blog may look different soon, and it's because I'm experimenting.

Things I'm Feeling
  • Ethnic Silhouettes (very trendy right now - not post a link to avert swagger-jacking, which hurts my ego)
  • Pesto sauce on baguettes
  • Renting documentaries from Netflix like this one
  • Wale
  • Meredith joining the Twitter-party
  • Sesame Street's 40th Anniversary
  • My Senegalese twists
Be easy, breezies!

No comments:

Visits