Friday, January 16, 2009

Putting on my glasses, curling up under my blankie...

"We should read to give our souls a chance to luxuriate." - Henry Miller, American writer

I love the word "luxuriate". When people ask me what I want to do when I grow up, I'm start using it to answer.


This is what I'm reading this month:


Topdog/Underdog (Susan Lori Parks)









A Mercy (Toni Morrison)







Access New York ( I'm planning a trip)



American Fashion (Council of Fashion Designers of America)







Which ones did I buy?
One, the NYC guidebook, so I can write in it.

Which ones did I borrow from my job (a library)?
The rest, though I'll probably purchase the Parks and Morrison books to support and keep the literary sisters caked up in 2009

What should I read in February? It'll probably be romantic smut, because I'm single and Valentine's Day is coming. But I'm trying to re-ignite the passion for reading I'd developed in my formative years. 2009 is another year of reading voraciously!


Be easy breezies! Do some reading, okay?


Things I'm Feeling

  • Baked potatoes
  • E-shopping, even fantasy-style
  • Wearing my pearls
  • Black Pearl tea by Lipton
  • Having two comforters on my bed
  • Returning to the American Red Cross after not having donated blood in five years
  • The King Holiday

No comments:

Visits