Friday, January 9, 2009

Throwback Blog #9

This was a run-of-mill post, so I've got no commentary. Only that there's a poem in this one about summer and I'm doing the repost in winter. Bad timing? I don't care.

No comments were posted, either.

======================
Originally posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 at 12:40PM


Currently/Summertime in the A-T-L...
Current mood: cheerful
Category: Life


I had a birthday a few weeks ago. Thanks for all the love, guys! You like me, you really like me....yay!


Currently, I:

  • am preparing to go to Detroit for a convention.

  • am at a job I'm not meant for, but I'm coping with it, being the best I can be at it.

  • am itching to on a jaunt by myself, to a beach or Brazil or Kenya or Paris.

  • need to take the Praxis and finish this damn degree.

  • need to get an oil-change and fix the fan belt on my little sister's car.

  • wearing my hear corn-rowed up. I'll unravel it and when I get to Detroit.

  • not broke, but in need of more $$$$ (C.R.E.A.M., sigh).

  • craving some crack from Sbux.

  • full from Mommy's Deluxe Spaghetti.

  • missing my sister who lives in Rochester, NY for school.

So..it's summer in my city.
It's hot, gas is higher than Cheech and Chong at a weed convention, and watermelons are in season. Lots of parties, cookouts, and occasions to observe. So, here's a verse for you... I'm not going to front like I wrote it, but it suits my mood. And your information, sister-girl can compose a verse or two, when I want to.

Summer in the City

Smell of hot concrete,
A sprawling city stretches over red clay

Notes of fresh mowed grass, exhaust,

of rain, sunshine and honeysuckle -

the aromas of summer.
Stepping one foot within each
square of narrow,

hand poured walks leaving wet
barefoot impressions -

is the image of summer
Warbles and chirps, twitters and caws

wafting
from leafy boughs

the barking of squirrels at
prowling cats -

is the music of summer
Warm
sudden wind of approaching thunder

electricity charging the air
caress of cool rain refreshing the earth -
is the touch of summer

Through all my senses runs a thread of time
tinged with the memory
of summer.

Interpolations of a poem by Yvan http://www.tinidril.com/poetry/scent.html

No comments:

Visits