Timing is a funny thing. It's cool for me read and post this entry today, because yesterday was the 101st birthday of my sorority. Reading my account of how that convention went reminds me how quickly life passes and how things change so quickly. I also reiterate that I've named-dropped my sorority-membership MORE than I thought during blogging. I don't apologize for that, but it's something I wasn't conscious of until this Throwback project. AKA really is a serious matter....but I'll try not to regale the blogosphere with it all the time.
For the record, I'm STILL very accident-prone. I dunno what's up with that.
My sister returned home from her year-long stay in Rochester for nursing school. But at that time, I was really missing her and shared that with the world.
=================
originally posted Thursday, July 20, 2006 at 5:05pm
Yep...so I'm bleeding profusely out of a gash in my dome
Current mood: hot
Category: TURN UP THE A/C, MAYNE!, Life
I've always been a bit clumsy...graceful as a swan because of dancing in my formative years, but prone to slip, trip, and flat-out fall on my behind if I'm moving too fast. You're thinking, "So slow down, you dizzy broad!," I know. Yeah, yeah....leave me 'lone, people.
I beaned my head right where my forehead and my left eyebrow meet, while I was stooping to pick up my battered and abused Blackberry off the kitchen floor. Took a blow from my mom's granite kitchen counter-top, I did. AND IT LEFT A MARK...
and it hurt like hell.....
and it's going to leave a friggin' mark! Yes, y'all. I probably lost a few brain cells on that move.
-------------------------------------------------------
Went to Detroit last week for my sorority convention. Pictures awaiteth for me to upload, but know this: YOU ARE LIVING IN A PINK & GREEN WORLD and Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, INNNNNNNCORPORATED is taking over with some E.S.P. for you. 2008 is going to be sick indeed, watchyoubet. The first & finest black sorority to turn 100! Yay us! Every Alpha Kappa Alpha lady I know including Meredith, Ceora, Monica, Doris, Jamila, Tracee, Trennye,& Cora will be there (Yes, I'm calling you out, sorors, because everybody can't fit in my room. Get in where you fit in, because those rooms will be snapped up ASAP. Trust and believe me - the plotting and planning has already begun). My wallet hurts already. Skeeeeeee-weeeeeeeee!
I had a wicked-good time, even though the city itself wasn't at all what I expected. Eminem did NOT glorify that 8-Mile stuff. Detroit is rough and derelict. I felt like a little old white lady in the middle of ATL's Bankhead Courts after dark - SCARED TO BREATHE, LET ALONE WALK. The city was not ready for us, but we had a ball anyway. Add a run-in with a shifty hotelier (I had to act crazy to get a refund and lawsuits where threatened), my crazy (good-crazy, but nuts nonetheless) chapter members and family, and enough paraphernalia from the vendors to fill an extra bag, and you have Boule 2006 summed up in one phrase - A SERIOUS MATTER!
Glad to be home, even though I can't feel my face from the knot that's welling above my eye.
ATL is hot as hades, but I luh it like Bess loves Porgy.
Be easy, breezies!
(I miss you Trace! Boo-hoo! Wah!!!!! Love you!)
5:05 PM - 1 Comments
Comment from Kelli, my Bennett sister: Hope your head feel better... use Neosporin I use it for everything,.. even mosquito bites.
Posted by Kelli on Thursday, July 27, 2006 - 11:26 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment