Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Hodgepodge



Had a Sunday in Savannah with the fam (okay, it was Saturday, but this song was playing in my head the whole way). We were celebrating my baby sis's 20th birthday, so she'd planned a little day-trip for our nuclear unit. We went to Paula Deen's "The Lady and Sons" restaurant. I can overlook the canned, salty veggies; them running out of meatloaf; and not being seating on the first floor with the pretty pink walls painted with ivy.
It was all worth it, simply to have reservations. They were booked all day and were turning folks away. Some overdressed, self-important folks were HEATED. Heh-heh. Call ahead, haters. No soul-food for you today! The hoecake, cheddar biscuits, and fried chicken were scrumptious, too.
I truly admire Paula's business acumen and branding-technique. That heffa had her face on the hot sauce bottle at the tables. I was bugging.
It was nice to take a leisurely drive with my people, being silly and listening to good music. Shoot, as funny as my money is, I lik shots in the air for simply for the scenery-change. We should have made a weekend of it.

===================================
I've been on a tear when it comes to introspection and psychoanalysis. I think it's 'cause my best friend's not around to listen to me talk my issues out. She's returning to the States from Tokyo today, thank God. I've been doing the most while she's been gone.
=======================================
I spent hours and hours (real OCD-type behavior for me) compiling and submitted a big non-work related report. My motivation? Proving I can and making somebody else feel small and stupid. While I was successful (I'm me. You must not know...), I recognize how petty and mean-spirited I've been. I guess I can speak "bitchamanian" along with the rest of of the female population. I'm just not fluent, is all.
=======================================
Have you ever been trying to do something that's good for you, only to procrastinate and avoid it? I'm there now. I have a stack of heavy literary work I aspire to read, waiting on my night-stand. I haven't been able to get off the first chapter of the first book for a month. Now counter that with my being a late-comer to Nip/Tuck fandom and finishing off the entire fourth season of it in one sitting last night. What's wrong with my priorities? I need Christain Troy more than War and Peace and The Review of Black Political Economy right now, I guess.
======================================
Lately, I've been very ornery and rigid when it comes to communicating with people. I send terse responses to chatty-Cathies on listservs. I'm quicker to report spammers and people who abuse my email address frequently. When people are rude to me at work (part of my job is customer service), I've been playing their faces and putting on my attitude.
I'm not suffering the fools out there these day My tolerance is low.

======================================
I'm lusting after these shoes -


Cynthia Vincent Skye

Things I'm Feeling
Procrastinating
Sweet tea
Observing Lent
Teaching my folks to use the web
Spring clothes shopping - even if it's just the window variety
Slumdog victory!!
Be easy, breezies!

No comments:

Visits