Monday, August 17, 2009

Throwback Blog #38

I was really chatty on this entry, huh? I'd had a spate of good news in my life and was feeling talkative.
===================================
Originally posted on Monday, June 02, 2008 at 7:11AM
What’s shakin’, bacon?
Current mood: hot

Hot Books
So...I'm blogging during lunch trying so hard to "look" cool, even though I'm sweltering as the air conditioning systems at my job are being upgraded. I picked the wrong day to wear all black, right? The poor students are in here sweating and studying, while us library staffers are alternating between rage and despair at the heat. A co-worker let me borrow a small fan and a single tear rolled down my glistening cheek, like that Native American in the preservation commercial. I swear. Oh yeah, I got a new job at a library, which is just sweet. It's a good start in my career-path, so I'm happy. Plus, being broke is soooo not my style. Suffice it to say, I'm liking this job so far, but I'll refrain from blogging about work much. I listen to the news and agree that blogging about your job is NOT COOL. Don't do it, ya'll.

Estrogen-ized and proud of it
I'm recovering from a girly-weekend. ~ My sisters and some girlfriends went to see Sex and the City on Friday. I laughed, cried, and coveted the whole way through. But wouldn't you know - the film was the type of experience I need to have alone to truly enjoy. Needless to say, I need to go have a private screening all by my-dang-self, to absorb the SATC movie fully. I love my girls, but all that talking during the movie and the female-mass exodus to the theater was too much for me. The hype was spot-on, though. SATC is worth it.I remember the days when Sex and the City came out - while I was in undergrad. I'd hole up by myself in my dorm room every Sunday to see the half-hour of Carrie and her friends, chewing New York scenery and just being quirky, relate-able chicks tying hard not be anything but happy. Except for the lack of minorities and the fact that it's in NYC, I really identified with the show and am a die-hard fan. My sisters got me the whole series DVD-set in the pink velvet box last Christmas, and I'm still geeked. Every time I think about the feeling I had when I tore open that gift-wrap and discovered the unexpected surprise, I have to do my little dance. I love my kooky-sweetie little sisters.

~ On Saturday, I'd vegged out at home, doing nails and feet and other beauty rituals.

~ I went to a beautiful wedding at Callenwolde on Sunday and walked away believing in love even more. While I was roasting a little bit, because it was outdoors, the bride was beautiful, the groom was sincere, and the ambiance was great. The only down-side was my shoes, which hurt more than should be allowed by law. Cute shoes shouldn't have to hurt, dangit.

~ All in all, It was a good weekend, indeed. I can't wait for the next one.

Politically-obsessed
I've had to turn off the news and tune out some of this Presidential-election stuff, because it's addictive. I knew I was in too deep when I woke up from a nightmare where Hillary Clinton was the POTUS and Obama was the cook in the White House, on some House Negro stuff. I know this campaign is serious, but stop invading my dreams, please!!
I hope all of my people are registered to vote and will vote for my guy (except my Uncle Todd, whom I've already given up on because he stays loyal to that Elephant Party. Masochist.). This election is riveting and all that civics stuff I learned in school has turned out to be invaluable. If you can follow the election coverage, thank a teacher today.

Up-ROOTed
The Legendary Roots Crew played here a few weeks ago and I missed it. Then my little sister's boyfriend started gloating because he got to go, so I got jealous. Then, I copped the new album and now I'm hurting. How can I be such a big fan and have never seen them live? It's a travesty which I hope to resolve ASAP. Rock the Bells, anyone?

M.I.A.
I've been missing in action a lot lately. I couldn't get to Naomi's wedding a few weeks ago, which was a bummer. I'm sorry guys. However, belated congrats to the lucky couple. I've had to decline several other invitations because of scheduling conflicts, but I'm trying to get out more, so all this no-show stuff is going to change. One thing I'm definitely not missing is my sorority's convention this summer in D.C. That thing is going to be huge. Believe it.

I'm feeling...
Being able to chill with my family more
Being employed
T-strap heels
Colures Magazine
Large bodies of water
Klinq class
Rose wines
Medea Lip Laquer by Nars
Robert Downey, Jr. in Ironman (when did he get fine, again? My word.)
Summer in my city

Be easy, y'all.

Currently listening : Queen - Greatest Hits, Vols. 1 &2 By Queen Release date: 1995-11-14
7:11 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos

No comments:

Visits