Thursday, April 9, 2009

Throwback Blog #23

When I posted this entry, I'd really begun to see the benefits of sharing yourself through a blog. People I hadn't spoken to in a long time had been reading, and when I experienced a loss around this time, so many folks reached out and supported me. Thanks again for that, people.
============================
Originally posted on Thursday, January 18, 2007 at 1:27 am
Hey, thanks, guys...
Current mood: sad
Category: I miss grandaddy Life

I lost my grandfather last week and many of my friends here sent messages of support and sympathy. The past few days have been really hard and I'm not all cried out by any means, but you have been a real comfort. So yeah, thanks...
We were close and I'll miss him terribly, but he was in pain in his last days and I'm glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore. My emotions are still raw, but with the help of my family and friends, I'm going to be fine.
Thanks again, y'all.

==============================
Alpha Kappa Alpha celebrated 99 years of being first, fine, and fabulous on Monday....one more year and it's on and poppin', sorors! The countdown is on.

=========================
Did you know my sister T is amazing? She can nurse the sick, serve up a meal, and have intelligent conversations with people both young and old, all while twisting my hair and cleaning up my eyebrows. I'll miss her terribly. Just thought I'd share.

==========================
No Proust question...I'm not in the mood


Currently reading : Red River By Lalita Tademy Release date: 03 January, 2007


1:27 AM - 2 Comments - 0 Kudos

Posted Comments:
Posted by Melisa :) (a really cool ex-coworker I haven't seen or spoken to since I quit. I'm sure all my old Starbucks people must think I suck for leaving without saying goodbye. Sorry, guys, but I was going through a rough time and didn't leave properly. I do love you and hope you're doing well.)
we love and care about you!! see you soon...
Posted by :) on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 2:17 AM


Posted by Corenthia (a college buddy)
Sorry to hear about your grandfather. You're in my prayers.
Posted by Corenthia on Sunday, January 28, 2007 - 4:30 AM

No comments:

Visits