============================
Originally posted on Sunday, February 04, 2007 at 4:59 AM
my spottieottiedopaliscious puppy.../prince is not mortal
Current mood: cold
Category: it's freezing in here Pets and Animals
My little sister K got a dog during Jesus' birthday celebration. His name is Benjamin Andre 3000 Prince Jack (my last name). He is a seven year-old long-haired daschund. His coat is brown and black and he has pretty eyes that are so black, you can see other colors in them, mostly green.
He's my sidekick and is sitting under my chair as I type.
I seriously love this dog. So much so, in fact, that I will throw on my coat and slippers and take him out at 3 AM for a doggy-break. In the days after my granddaddy died, Benji-three was my security blanket - we took hour-long walks and I cried into his fur. It's okay for you to roll your eyes. Really...I know I'm cheesy.
And yes, he is named for Andre Benjamin. Act like you know...
He came already trained. He's a crunk guard-dog. Let a car turn on my block too fast, and Benji-three will bark like a Que at a cookout. My mom picked him at the Humane Society, because he was the only dog who looked in her eyes and cocked his head to the side - he straight broke her heart with one glance.
My family are suckers for sad stories, so of course Benji-three has one: He lived in a house with multiple dogs. He was not the alpha-dog, but was the smallest, and had to fight for food. The dogs fought viciously - so badly that Benji-three got serious bites scars on his nose and face that are still healing. The owners loved the alpha-dog and the others so much, they took Ben to the Humane Society and left him there. Who could abandon such a cutie-pie? We are so glad they did, because K has been pining for a dog since her last one was killed in a horrible accident. I won't go into it because she reads my blog, but I pour out a little bubbly for Prince (short-haired daschund) and all our other departed pets - Seymour (beagle), Angel (poodle), Jack (beagle), Petey (guinea pig), and Turtle (turtle). I murdered our goldfish at age eight, pouring soap into their bowl, but I've repented since then.
============================
I saw Smoking Aces this weekend - both blah and slightly entertaining.
My word, but that Common is beautiful. I've been down since "Can I Borrow a Dollar?", but really, he has retained that sexy-awesomeness. The film itself was nonsensical, but it gets a pass because of yummy Mr. Common, my soror Alicia Keys, and Ryan Reynolds - I can forgive him for that Van Wilder mess.
The ending was silly and convoluted, but okay...
==============================
On Sunday, the Superbowl Halftime Show finally became relevant featuring Prince, a giant purple symbol, FAMU's Marching Band, Jimi Hendrix tributes, a doo-rag, and real Purple rain?
You didn't watch? Are you serious?
I shed a little tear when the diminutive Artist played. Hate if you want to, but Prince is the Once and Future King. Lighters in the air for Purple Rain (in the rain!!! flicking off the doo-rag!!! with Beyonce look-a-likes!!! and a giant screen!!!)
============
Nas says Hip-Hop is Dead - it's not, but I'm glad he's making us remember the classics. Search the MP3 blogs for the different versions of "Where are They Now?" Seriously though, NAStradamus, can I get a Southern version? I need some Ghetto Boyz, Kilo, Luke, Goodie Mob, heck, even some Kriss Kross on a track.
Frequently I'm playing "Throw Some D's (remix)" and "Where da Cash At?". Misogyny be damned, if the song is fire, I WILL nod my head. Don't judge.
=================
Proust Questionnaire:
Q: Your favorite occupation?
A: Reading, dreaming, writing and getting paid for it. I wish...
Currently listening:Electric Circus By Common Release date: 10 December, 2002
1 Comments ~ 0 Kudos
Comment posted by: Meredith (my best friend)
Selah!
Cassidy and Pdiddy can kiss my fat azz( Like Tyra says) I'ma true Hustler. I just left Job Number 1 to come home and email my invoice for Job number 2. Going back to Job Number 1 and hope another job calls me. And it's all legal!!!
Love ya and were going SOMEHWERE in 2007, damnit!
Call my ma back Please!
Posted by Meredith on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 - 10:38 PM
1 comment:
Ok I read your blog..then read my comment..what was I going thru.My soul had a cold back then.
Post a Comment