You can truly tell, upon reading this entry, that my blog was originally on Myspace, where you had to "friend" people. I'm glad to be unattached from a social-networking site when blogging. And I still stand by the cautionary tone of the entry. Carry yourselves as ladies and gentlemen should out in this blogger-sphere. It comes back to you.
=========================================================
Originally posted on Thursday, March 08, 2007 at 1:28PM
I caved and played megamillions/
THE INTERNET IS NOT PRIVATE!!!
Current mood: contemplative
...needless to say i didn't win and some trailer-park dude did. Damn, damn, damn, James!!!
I knew I was wrong anyway...trust in the Lord and yourself, silly-billy.
=====================================================
I am smarter than a fifth grader, which is why I'm not watching that mess on TV. Turn off the television, Ms. M and crack a book..
=====================================================
K's deb cotillion is this weekend and she's so pretty. Why do they have to grow up so fast? It's dismaying.
Anyway, another T-girl tradition has been fulfilled. Yay!
=====================================================
The link for a long article about 20-somethings and blogging appears below.
I consider myself pretty transparent and think its silly to have a blog and a profile if you're not open to sharing about yourself. However, its important to draw some lines in the sand for your own protection. Therefore, the comments will continue to be screened and if I don't know you, it's highly unlikely you'll be friended. The blogs I post aren't too revealing and I would be confident to look in potential employers'/ my parents'/ folks-I-want-to-be-respected-by faces and discuss my postings here. Think about your page, blog, and bulletins and act accordingly. Change your password often, think twice about posting some pictures, act like the lady/gentleman you are and represent properly.
Also, know that I've had many people from jobs, school, and other places contact me because of the 'Space. The same WILL happen to you so act like you were raised right and as if you value your privacy. THE INTERNET IS NOT PRIVATE!
=====================================================
After Years of Telling All, 20-Somethings Start to Clam Up: Faced With Professional and Emotional Consequences, Many Young People Are Rethinking What They Post on the Internet
By SHEILA MARIKAR, March 1, 2007
http://abcnews.go.com/US/Technology/Story?id=2912364&page=1
Currently listening : Love Deluxe by Sade Release date: 21 November, 2000
1:28 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos
Comment posted by Meredith (my best friend) on Saturday, March 24, 2007 - 12:55 AM
It is I, Meredith! Love your insightful blogs! See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment