=========================
Originally posted on Thursday, January 04, 2007 at 8:34pm
and God said...
Current mood: thoughtful
Category: still procrastinating, some things don't change Blogging
....move, my child. So yeah, I'm not literally moving (yet)...but the fault lines of my life are having seismic shifts lately. Can you tell I've been watching the weather channel?
Anyway, I've starting moving myself into another phase of my life - completion. I've got another degree to earn, a household to build, and projects to finish.
But can I tell you how God is talking really loud lately?
I needed to get better organized, so he made my schedule so hectic, I have to carry my planner at all times and actually use it.
- He saw that my family wasn't as tight-knit as before, so he made cause for us to get closer.
- He saw me getting complacent, so he made things a little less comfortable for me.
- He saw me neglecting myself, so he showed me the value of "me-time".
- He saw me giving too much time to efforts unworthy of it, so he helped me learn to say no and fall back.
So, I'm listening, God. 2007 is going to be dope. Have a good one and make the most of it, y'all.
===============================
Yeah...we lost our Godfather on Christmas day. Santa, please go straight to the ghetto because we're saying it loud, we're black and we're proud to be living in America. It may be a man's world, with sex machines and funky presidents, but there's enough mind power for all super bad ladies to get on the good foot. Papa don't take no mess 'cause he feels good and Mama got the feeling, too. Rest in peace, Brother James Brown. We'll miss your theatrics, your style, and your holler. Make it funky in heaven, man.
=======================
Guess who met Bryan Barber, the director of Idlewild and Outkast videos, at work and got a free copy of the DVD just for recognizing him? I am GEEKED!!!
=========================
I really was prepared to be grinchy this holiday, but I couldn't. The Christmas holiday really meant something this year and I spent lots of quality time. I loved it....and you should thank me because I'd planned an elaborate Christmas memories post, but decided to spare you. It was schmaltzy and over-wrought, plus I was too lazy to post it. Maybe you'll read it next year.
==========================
I saw Dreamgirls again, keep the soundtrack on rotation, and it's official -- I'm now right back in a vicious Motown moment, just like two years ago. Please go see this movie if you haven't. It's not going away, and I guarantee I'll post at least a million more times on it. Just prepare yourself.
=============================
Proust Questionnaire:
Q: Who are your favorite poets?
A: standard, but special fare, my faves tend to focus on the Black experience or love. Langston Hughes, Maya Angelou, Countee Cullen, Nikki Giovanni, Saul Williams, ee cummings, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Shakespeare, all def poets, Jill Scott, too many rappers to name here but chiefly Common, Talib Kweli, and Andre 3000.
be easy, breezies!
Currently listening : Pass the Peas: The Best of the J.B.'s By The J.B.'s
8:34 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos
Comment posted by: Meredith on Saturday, January 20, 2007 - 2:17 AMFav as of now Pearl Cleage: We speak your name
No comments:
Post a Comment