Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trite Words and Phrases in Action

Have many times have you heard these things? They're trite, but the following words and phrases have a purpose that I'm exercising, right here, right now. Yes, there is plenty of parenthese abuse going on. (shrug it out...)

jumped the shark --
  • Facebook (Unwelcome to my parents, the friends who feel the need to microblog their entire existence, folks I hated in high school, the "people you may know" box creep me out. Ugh.)
  • snark (When it's all a person can dish out, it's not funny)
  • patriotism (Oh, so because your candidate lost, patriotism is dead, huh? Maybe your party perverted it, then.)
  • pirates (These ain't the Disney type, that's for sure.)
  • that coworker who has been coasting along doing nothing, and thinks no one noticed.
"But (he/she/they) bit off of XYZ...as I bite off (him/her/them)" --
  • said Ciara/Ri Ri/Hilson/Cassie/Luckett about Beyonce (Get your weight up, and keep it moving. If you're doing something exciting or different, you'll get your shine. )
  • said the Republicans (@everyone else)
For-profit organizations --
  • Newspapers (not profiting)
  • Radio stations (not profiting)
  • Music industry (losing money)
  • bailed-out companies (woe is them? whatever!)
  • the automobile industry (ugh)
Things I'm Feeling
  • Shaved Parmesan Cheese
  • iDaft
  • Being pleasantly shocked by people
  • B Scott - B#tch Hold My Ponytail (I have no clue why...it just speaks to me)
  • All the sistas on the cover of Vogue lately (it's about damn time)
  • Van Cleef & Arpels "Une Journée À Paris" collection (the Francophile and consumerist in me just conceived a sweet little baby cow looking at that rose gold ring. Pining hard, I am.)

I've relax, related, and released. Be easy, breezies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My sister. My friend. What a difference 2 years can make.
Boule......... Check
Color Purple...Check
Librian........Check
NYC...........almost, but Check!

Unknown said...

My sister. My friend. What a difference 2 years can make.
Boule......... Check
Color Purple...Check
Librian........Check
NYC...........almost, but Check!

Visits