=====================================
Originally posted on Tuesday, February 27, 2007 at 2:45AM
everything is everything...
Current mood: sleepy
Category: sleepy Life
Anyway, I haven't blogged in a while, so like Marvin Gaye said, "Here, My Dear".....
So yeah...Black History Month is almost over (Black Power fist pumps in the air! 365Black...). The weather here is as nuts as always, my family is my family - full of happenstance and hustle-bustle, and I'm just staying afloat - working and trying to better myself like everybody else.
I got really sick two weeks ago and spent about four days in bed, high on medicine and doing nothing but sleeping. I'm still recovering and I lost about five pounds, but the worst is over. It was bad, bad, bad timing, indeed!
Last week, I took off work for an AKA conference and some family events. Man, I never tire of this sisterhood. These are the fiercest women in the world, so no wonder almost every Black woman I admire is a member, including my grandmother, mommy, my sister, my aunt and some of my closest friends. We shopped, chilled, schmoozed, lounged with friends, partied, and did some actual work all in my own hometown. I'm exhausted, now, though.
=================================
I watched the Oscars last night and had memories of my favorite teacher in high school, Mr. Tyree. He taught me International Studies and Film at Riverwood High. Everything I know about politics, world affairs, and film I learned from him. I faithfully read Newsweek, Time, and Entertainment Weekly to this day because of him. The guy was one of those cool teachers who talked to you like an adult and he made me confident in my intelligence and ability to think logically. I wonder what he's up to now? Back to the awards, I really couldn't root for one individual movie or actor because everything was so good. Dreamgirls was great but I'm mad at all the We-hate-Beyonce, Eddie-Murphy-is-Norbit, Jennifer-Hudson-is-Jesus hype. Pan's Labyrinth has stayed with me, with all the imagery and that song that echos throughout.The Departed was excellent and I'm still messed up about the end. Little Miss Sunshine was cute and touching. I even like An Inconvenient Truth, even though it's depressing as hell. I'm glad Forrest Whitaker took that award though. He's unsung. Scorsese deserved his, too. The fashion was all good, if not a little boring. I watch the Oscars and remember how much I love the movies. My sisters (especially Kay) are my film buddies.
==============================
Why, why, why am I dying to take a trip to New York to see the Color Purple on Broadway? I just found out the son of one of my favorite college professors did the costumes. I need to make a phone call and try to get a hook-up. I know it's going to start touring and coming to Atlanta, but there's nothing like seeing it on the Great White Way.
======================
I don't have my planner on me, so bear with me. I've got to dump my thoughts here. Sorry, dog, but there's nothing deep, so no need to avert your eyes.
TO DO LIST:
- Get to the doctor's office, get a check-up and get my glass prescription updated.
- Re-up with alma mater Bennett's alumnae association.
- Re-do my budget and trim the luxuries.
- Start a travel savings account to save for AKA Centennial and other conferences.
- Get back up on my reading. How am I supposed to be a librarian and haven't picked up a book in weeks?
- Order more calling cards.
==========================
My parents will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary this year. What should I get them?
===============================
I'm getting bored with the Proust questionnaire, so I'm letting it slide for a while. Go pick up some of his work, though. He'll have you thinking.
Currently listening : BE By Common Release date: 24 May, 2005
2:45 AM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos
No comments:
Post a Comment