Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 was like Sesame Street...

If this year was an episode of Sesame Street - circa 1983, then I would say it truly was a sunny day.




I had moments of melancholy - like when Kermit sings "It's Not That Easy Being Green" or when the vignette about crayon-making ends.

There were group-songs and fun skits - especially when I was at my sorority centennial celebration or anytime my family got together.

If I'm the Snufalupagus, then I had fun hanging with my Big Bird, Meredith - the best homie a Snuffie can have.

I've had some guest appearances - but still haven't met the Gordon to my Susan or got a chance to meet my favorite celebrities or notables.

But overall, the point of Sesame Street was and will always be learning. And my, but I learned a lot about myself, the world, and the people I know.

So yeah, this episode of Sesame Street was brought to you by:

  • the letters, A (as in Alpha Kappa Alpha and "Amen! I got a job!"),
  • and O (President-Elect Barack Obama and "Oh, man -maybe being single is what I need right now."),
  • and the number "8" (as in Beijing, my favorite number, and our never-ending march toward infinity).

Safe and happy New Year celebrations to all. I'm praying and being with my fam, drinking [yellow tail] Sparkling Rose wine into 2009 and turning off the black-eyed peas before they burn.


Be easy, breezies...

No comments:

Visits