Well, this post was run-of-the-mill, with a tad too much materialism. I'm not really a car-person, so it's odd to me that I was describing them like that. The thing about the stranding at Little Five Points was fun to write, but it's not as funny as I remember. Sigh. I was trying to amuse myself, which is the primary reason I keep a blog. Sometimes rereading journals and diaries can be disappointing.
Project Throwback Blog continues.
Be easy, breezies!
==============
Originally posted Monday, June 19, 2006 at 5:40PM
If I were a Smurf, my Gargamel would be all automobiles....
Current mood: annoyed
Category: friggin' cars giving me problems Life
So, I'm having World War III with every car in our family...
My car- My parents sold me my gold Infiniti GXE last year (I ain't fronting, I couldn't afford the sucker on my own and they'd already paid the note. I'm still the same broke Rowsbelle you know and love, just lucky, is all). It's overheating and I can't keep cooling fluid in it. I'm scared to drive it until I go to the mechanic
Mom's car - The key to my Mom's gunmetal grey Lexus broke off in the ignition on a the hottest (so fair) day in Atlanta when I tried to turn the car on. I had a mango ice cream cone in my hand. I dropped the ice cream and got yelled at by ma mere when we got home. (Sniffle!)
Baby sister's car - In her coal-gray 1998 Altima, I went to Starbucks at 11PM with K (Hey, Lee, your page still looks crappy. LOL....need help, little doggy?). I left the lights on in the car. So naturally, the battery died in the middle of Little 5 Points (rough, hippie side of intown Atlanta). Of course out of the 100 stores in the city, we're stranded at the Sbux with the evil, mean hippies dancing in the parking lot. The store was closing and we had to call Daddy to give us a jump. We were scarred they might offer us a toxic weed brownie or start a Wiccan prayer circle around us, so we locked up tight in the car and started signing ghetto anthems really loud (well maybe just me. K was too annoyed with me to do anything but give the evil little sister eye of death.) Can I tell you how well Luke's Scarred (Cap'n D coming....Pocohantas coming...Free Willy!! Wooo-hoooot!) scares coked-out skateboarders? It really works, mayne. No lie!
Needless to say, Dad won't trust me to drive his Sigma blue truck. What does a 50 year old Black airline employee need with a truck anyway? We don't fish, hunt, or boat! He's not a handy-man or landscaper. We darn sure don't use it to haul anything. Please, papa? Help your eldest born advance herself and drive your truck? (bats eyelashes...)
Looks like I may have to get to know MARTA (moving africans rapidly through atlanta) very intimately.
Pray for me, y'all.
Currently listening : Purple Rain By Prince & the Revolution
1 Comments
The post says I had one comment for this entry, but when I went to go collect it to copy it, the link was dead. I think somebody was chuckling over the MARTA cliche I used. I wish I remembered who it was, but thanks anyhow.
No comments:
Post a Comment