Sunday, December 21, 2008

Holidays/ I'm Watching/ Tissue-Whoring

I'm back to twitter, y'all. No faux this time: http://twitter.com/rowsbelle


The Black List
I've trying to clean out my DVR, and watched this last night. Wow! I wish I'd peeped it when it originally aired, because now no one's talking about it anymore. The luminaries I liked the most - Susan Lori Parks, Thelma Golden and Bill T. Jones. Their words really spoke to me and articulated a lot of what I feel. I really hope HBO or the production team make part two happen sooner rather than later.

Scrubs
I was late to the party on this show, only watching after season three. Because I know the it lands on ABC this winter, after NBC crapped on it, I'm trying to catch up on all the seasons by DVD. I'm up to the middle of season two. It's my favorite comedy show and I love the Turk/JD friendship. That's me and my friends all the way. Sigh...it feels good to laugh.

Fighting sniffles
You know how at the end of bad cold or flu, you go through a few days of sniffles and sneezing that carry you all the way through a box of tissue? Well, I only had the sniffly, sneezy part yesterday. I drank more fluids than the law allows, took no medicine and just laid down. Today, I feel good as new, even though I'm still washing my hands raw, disinfecting every surface, and imbibing too much. I REFUSE TO BE SICK ON HOLIDAY!

Holiday music fast
Usually, I have the holiday music blasting all month, but I didn't this year. So, now I've got the 24-hour Christmas channels pumping in my car, at home, and on the computer. I think my sanity is more intact because I fasted, though. I'mma do this every year.

Things I'm Feeling

  • The thought of cashmere kleenex
  • All those end of the year "Best of" lists
  • Teriyaki sauce on everything
  • Holiday Cheer

Be easy, breezies!

No comments:

Visits